Tuesday, February 07, 2006

We had our debate in ethics class today, and it went well. My team actually won, which was quite surprising to me. Although, the outcome had no effect on our grade, other than merely participating will help everyone with their participation grade. My team had a couple people not show up today, so boo to them. We overcame their absence, and presented a pretty good argument.

We are looking forward to being in Clarksville this weekend. I need to call Mike Clark to see if they want to have dinner Friday or Saturday night, or do something else. My whole family is getting together Sunday after church, and that will be neat. It will also be cool to unwrap our Christmas presents that my parents got us--I am beginning to like this idea of celebrating Christmas in February...LOL.

I am getting nervous about preaching at Clarksville church, which is kind of weird since I normally get nervous about preaching as soon as I accept an invitation. I guess I have been so busy with school work and stuff that I have not had time to get nervous. Although, I have a pretty good sermon, and I think that helps, too. Hopefully I will say something meaningful.

I ran into Caroline Averitt today while I was eating lunch. It was good to talk with an old friend from Clarksville, although she laid a guilt trip on me for having never come to the Wesley Foundation. She is heavily involved there, and I think she may even work there in some capacity. Anyway, I explained that I work almost every Tuesday, and Michelle has class. But, I told her we would make an effort. She told me her brother Jay will be coming here in the fall on a full academic scholarship; I am really proud of him. Last time I spoke with him, he was wanting to be a youth minister, so I hope that desire is still with him.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius