Thursday, February 02, 2006

The sound of rain pattering upon the window woke me up this morning at about 4:30. Having not been able to return to a sleeping state by 5, I arose and started reading. I decided to take a break for breakfast and to listen to my new Train CD, but after a couple of songs, I qued up some Coldplay. It occurred to me that although I bought their "A Rush of Blood to the Head" CD last summer, in the hubbub of getting married I was never able to listen to it much. So, I have listened to several songs, and I really like it. I have always been a sucker for a well-written song. "Amsterdam" is particularly interesting, since I will have an 8-hour layover there on my way to Tel Aviv. What a haunting tune.

One of the benefits of being awake an such an insane hour is that I got to chat with one of my Facebook friends who is studying in Italy this semester.

I need to read some more Descartes before class, and also print some stuff out for Ethics class. Wait--I am now at a 21st-century university--I am free to turn on my computer in class now. Cool. Memories of Austin Peay still haunt me sometimes.

I have an Israel meeting tonight at 5:30, and Michelle has class until about 8PM. Looks like another dinner apart. We are really unhappy that our schedules are so unalike that we hardly can enjoy a meal together. Tonight we have a date with the IRS, because we are going to work on our taxes. It should not take much, since we already have gotten everything organized and in place. In fact, we have most of the numbers already entered into TurboTax, so with just a little more work we will be done.

Although, we did take a night off last night, and played putt-putt and rode go-karts. That was much fun. We actually tied in our game of putt-putt. She had an incredible front 9, parring 8 of the away holes while I was stinking up the joint with 4's and 5's. On the back nine, she cooled off a bit and I made some clutch putts in the 6-10 foot range to tie the score. The loser of our games usually buys the other a pretzel, so this time we split one.

I hope everyone has a great day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius