Friday, February 25, 2005

I have not posted all week--haven't had much to say. Oh well.

Yesterday was wild--we baby sat for a couple of hours during the middle of the day, then Michelle and I took her regular kids to the museum. 2 different gigs in one day is kinda weird, but everyone had a blast.

Wednesday, I was hanging out at Grinder's, and Hoptown Hal from Eagle 94.3came in. He and his sidekick were taking pictures for their website. When I indentified myself as the guy on their "college of rock and roll knowledge" commerical, they immediately starting laughing crazily. They have been using my voice on their commercial for several months now, and Hal said that everyone at the station loves it. He said I should be getting royalties. LOL.

Today, we start our 30 hour famine. Going 30 hours without food, so we can get an idea of what poor people go through every day. I think most of the youth are excited--although a couple of them have backed out. That's unfortunate. Most of the kids doing it this year did it last year, so they have an idea of what to expect. Some of them, however, have never done it, so it will be new to them.

We have all kinds of activities lined up to do during the 30 hours. We will be doing some community service, random acts of kindness, and also playing some games and having fun. 29,000 kids die every day from hunger and its related problems, so we are going to do handprints on the walls of our youth room--we are aiming to get 29,000 fingers. That will be way cool.

I hope everyone has a great weekend. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius