Tuesday, February 15, 2005

It has been a while since I posted, so I will try to recap the transpirings of the past several days.

Last Friday, Michelle, two of her bridesmaids and I met her mother and some other people in Nashville so the women could look at bridesmaids' dresses. That did not interest me at all, so I went next door to Best Buy so I could look at toys. I did not take me long to find something cool. I got a new wireless router/card combo--it was normally $120, but it was on sale or $80 with a $60 rebate, so I was unable to resist. After about an hour or so of just wandering around the store, I went over to the bridal store to see how things were going. I was really hungry (it was now close to 7 PM), so I was hoping they would be wrapping things up. Michelle came out from the dressing area, obviously not in a good mood. Next, her mother stormed out and blew right by me without much acknowledgement, chasing Michelle. Suffice it to say that for some reason, tensions were running high. The other girls came out a few minutes later, and now it was obvious that no one was happy. I don't know what goes on in women's dressing rooms, and I don't really want to know either.

Michelle's mom and the other people with her headed out, and our group went to TGI Friday's. We had a good time, and everyone got back into good spirits. We headed home after a while, all of us really tired.

Saturday, Vanderbilt had an intra-squad, so I umpired it. I worked 4.5 innings behind the plate, one inning at third, and a few at first. It was good to get back on the field. I was supposed to go to APSU today to work some, but they decided not to pitch. So, I may call one of the high schools in town to see if I could work some Thursday. My first game is Friday at Trevecca, so I would like to get in some more work before then.

Sunday, The Clarksville Umpires Association had our annual meeting. We spent a lot of time talking about the new middle school league, and I think we got everything worked out. Michelle made chocolate chip cookies for the guys, and they were all appreciative of her efforts. I headed back to Springfield for youth group, and that went well. We talked about our upcoming activities and finalized things for this Sunday's chili luncheon.

This morning, instead of going to the gym, I decided to do some vehicle maintenance. My wipers have not been working for quite a while, and my previous efforts to fix them had been fruitless. So, I got my mojo working and decided to tackle it head-on. I went Advance Auto to see if they had the part I needed (wiper arm linkage), although I doubted if they would. Indeed, they didn't, so I went to the dealer and got one. I wanted one for each side, but they only had one for the passenger side. I figured the plastic piece that had deteriorated on the passenger side would soon do the same on the other side, so I ordered one.

It took me about an hour or so to install it, and much to my surprise, when I put everything back together, it worked fine. COOL!! I did a little celebration dance in the yard. My neighbors were probably shuddering in fear. LOL. Anyway, I got it fixed, so now I am hoping some rain will come soon. Just not on Friday.

Last night for Valentine's, we re-created our first date. All except the "walking through the park in a bizzrd part". That would have been hard to do since it was almost 70 degrees outside yesterday. We went to Demos' for dinner, then to Books a Million. Last year, we each bought the other a book, and wrote sweet-nothings on the inside cover. This year, we each just got some magazines. Which was cool, because we each got some that we liked. Plus, I have been doing some heavy-duty reading and writing lately, so it will be nice to relax with some lighter stuff for a little while.

Afterward, we went back to campus to hang out for a while. There was a free concert, but we decided not to go. We had a really nice time. I hope everyone had a great Valentine's.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius