Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The family that Michelle nannies for has been having some computer problems, so when I was there this afternoon, I had a look at it. Ad-aware found 494 critical objects, and Norton found 19 more. Unfortunately, Norton was unable to eradicate 9 of them. The PC's OS is Windows ME, maybe the most horrid excuse for an OS ever. Jeez, it was bad. Anyway, I am going out there tomorrow to see if I can do anything more. I sort of doubt it, since I break computers with much more skill that I fix them.

Speaking of which, last night my laptop started going to blue screen after booting up. It would then re-boot, then blue screen again, in an endless cycle. I thought at first the problem was coming from my IM software, Trillian. I uninstalled the 3.1 beta version I was running, and then installed 3.0. That seemed to fix it until today, when I started having the same problem. I now think it is in my wireless card, since if the card is not in its slot when I boot up, everything is fine. If I boot up with the card in the slot, then I have the problem. Strange.

I poked around at Zork II a little today, and it was cool. I don't remember much at all about it. I have already started making maps and copious amounts of notes.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius