Monday, February 21, 2005

OK, another weekend of madness is in the books. I will try to recap.

Friday, I had a doubleheader at Trevecca in Nashville. Michelle came with me, and we made a day of it. It was great to be back on the field, with a game that really counts. The games themselves were atrocious, as Trevecca won the first game 19-0, and the second game 9-1. Jeez, that other team was bad. In the first inning of the first game, the visiting team's starting pitcher was losing 4-0, with the bases loaded. The crazy thing was that he still had a no-hitter going. That's because he walked the first SEVEN batters of the game. Brutal.

Anyway, Michelle happened to sit on the visiting team's side, and she made friends with some people from Ohio who had come to watch their son play. Michelle was cold, and they offered her a blanket; that was really nice of them. Michelle made sure no one gave me a hard time...LOL.

After the games, we went to Panera's by Vanderbilt, and enjoyed some great sandwiches. When we got done, we went back to her dorm and hung out for a while.

Saturday, we were up with the sun, as we had a meeting in Nashville. The meeting was short, which was a good thing. I inherited my distaste for meetings from my dad. After the meeting, we went to Mt. Denson, because we had planned a community service project for the youth group. We had lunch, and then went to do our work. Michelle stayed at the church, getting things ready for Sunday.

Sunday after church, the youth served a chili lunch. It went great--we raised about $700. We are going to be sending most of that money to World Vision, as part of our upcoming30 Hour Famine. We will be doing the famine this Friday and Saturday, going 30 hours without food. We did the famine last year, and it was great. The kids all really had a great experience, and we hope it will be similar this time.

After the lunch, we went to a small bridal show in Springfield. I quickly found a chair to sit in, and tried not to look bored. Michelle went around and visited all the stations, and entered a drawing. She was notified this morning that she had won a nice gift basket. In fact, she has won something at every bridal show she has gone to. Unfortunately, these bridal shows do not give away tickets to the World Series, or anything else that I would be interested in, so Michelle gets to keep all of her bounty. LOL.

Today, we are just hanging out at Grinder's. We will probably run some errands later, but for now, we are just relaxing. I also need to start working on two different sermons. I will be preaching at Mt. Denson on March 6, and I will be preaching at least once, and maybe twice, at the spring youth retreat the following weekend. So, needless to say, I have a lot of work to do.

Instead of actually doing some productive work, I played some Zork II this morning. I still have not gotten very far with it. Jeez, it is hard. No wonder everyone I have talked to gave up on it. I am not sure if my parents ever finished it or not, but everyone else I know quit without finishing. Jeez.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius