Wednesday, March 02, 2005

I downloaded and installed Firefox a couple of days ago, and I am having some problems. My first problem is that I uninstalled Mozilla before I downloaded Firefox. So, I lost all of my bookmarks. That sucks. Second, I cannot log into Blogger with Firefox, so I am having to use IE. Gotta hate that.

The famine last weekend went exceedingly well. It was such a good idea to send the kids home Friday night, instead of having a lock-in like last year. I wanted to let them be miserable at home instead of with me. LOL. **pats on back** I think everyone had a good experience, which was the point. Also, we raised about $900 for World Vision, which exceeded my wildest expectations. Cool. We had a lot of fun doing random acts of kindness on Saturday afternoon, and watched the saddest movie ever (Pay it Forward) after that. Then, we broke the fast, and everyone was glad to get to eat.

I am preaching at Mt. Denson this Sunday, then at the youth retreat next Friday night. I have all of Sunday's sermon completed, and I am still working on Friday's.

Monday, I was supposed to have a game at Cumberland University, but it was rained out. Michelle had won a gift certificate to a bridal shop in Cumberland, so we had been looking forward to going there for about 2 months. So, even though I had no game, we went to Lebanon anyway. The name of the bridal shop is "The White Room", so as we walked in I played a power chord on my air guitar, and started singing Cream's "White Room". The manager was old enough to know what I was talking about, but the 16 pageant queen who was skipping school to try on dresses just gave me the wierdest look ever. LOL. That was funny. I keep hoping if I embarrass Michelle enough times, she may eventually leave me at home when she goes shopping. LOL.

My next baseball game is not until next Thursday, at Sewanee. Michelle is going to ride with me, and I am going to drop her off at her parents' house so she and her mother can work on some wedding stuff. Hopefully everyone will be in a better mood than a couple of weeks ago when they went dress shopping for the bridesmaids. We are going to spend the night there, then head back to the church on Friday afternoon to hook up with the kids for the retreat. This next ten days or so will be busy indeed.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

1 comment:

Chris Winn said...

Middle school games don't really count...I could do those if I were asleep. I was thinking in terms of 'real' games...LOL.

I think everything will be fine. No part of these preceedings will EVER resemble a Springer show. LOL. Peace...

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius