Monday, March 12, 2007

Today has been essentially worthless. I got up at about 4:30 this morning, and read for a while. Then I watched the movie "Crash", which was really good. After that, Michelle and I went to the grocery store to re-stock. We looked like we were preparing for Y2K when we walked out...LOL. Since then, we have just kind of lain around all day. I have class at 5:30, so I imagine I will get a burst of energy in a while.

Speaking of imagining, I read today where there is a tribute album to be released soon, featuring various artists covering the songs of John Lennon. The proceeds from the album will benefit Amnesty International's campaign to end the Darfur genocide. Willie Nelson is doing "Imagine", so there is the connection. Michelle and I drive each other crazy making wild jumps in our conversations without announcing the connections...LOL.

Anyway, speaking of music, tonight the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's class of 2007 will be inducted. We were able to visit the Hall in 2004, and it was great. However, until Kiss, Rush, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Yes, Deep Purple, Alice Cooper, Styx, Iron Maiden, and Judas Priest are ALL elected, the Hall is a bit of a fraud and carries with it a tremendous defiecientcy. There are probably some other artists that have also been snubbed, but those are the ones I can name off the top of my head. Are The Police in? Sting as a solo artist? They should be.

Michelle and I were greatly saddened over the weekend to learn of the death of Brad Delp, the lead singer for the band Boston. Boston is one of our favorite bands, and Delp's passing came as a shock to us. Boston was supposed to release a new album soon, with a summer tour this year. That would have been a great show.

My second interview with Crossroads Church yesterday went quite well. It was a grueling interview, as I had questions being fired at me from about 12 different people. It was tough, but I thought all the questions were relevant and fair. So, I left encouraged. I should hear something back from them by tomorrow.

Michelle and I were watching a show about newborn babies on TV earlier today, and the grandfather of one said that he had made an investment in his own son, and being able to hold the grandson was the dividend. That was tremendous. I know my parents made a tremendous investment in me, so I am glad that will also see a return on that investment. I know that there are many returns on such an investment, but having a grandchild must be one of the better ones.

We were wondering earlier today how the grandparents will act when they get the word that we are heading to the hospital for the delivery. We both felt that all of the grandparents would probably jump right into their cars and hit the road. If that's how it works out, that would certainly be great. We want to share our excitement with everyone, that's for sure. But, if people cannot make it into town for a while, that's cool too. We'll see how things work out.

When we were on our way to church yesterday, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that Michelle was rubbing her belly. I smiled and asked her if it seems surreal to have a living creature moving around inside her. She started laughing and said it certainly does. I know it seems surreal to me just to think about her having a baby inside her.

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius