Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Last night at about 9:30, I got a call from the head of the Staff Parish Relations Committee from Crossroads Church, saying that the full committee wants to meet with me this Sunday afternoon. It sounds like I made a really good impression on the sub-committee that I met with this past Sunday. So, I spent a night in restless quasi-sleep, wondering what is going to happen. If the church calls me to the position, I still do not know if I will accept it. It's all so strange and surreal. I inquired about this position long before I had even heard about Lebanon Church, and at that time I was VERY excited about it. I did not hear anything from Crossroads for several weeks, and by that time I had preached at Potts Camp for a couple of weeks and fallen in love with it. I really feel a strong calling there, so I just do not know what I am going to do.

I say that, but maybe that's not really true. Michelle pointed out last night that if it is weighing this heavily on my heart, then it must be what I truly in my heart want to do. Idunno. I'm going to stay in prayer over it all week, and hopefully I will figure out the direction I am supposed to move in. Trying to discern God's will is a difficult task, indeed.

Mike Clark keeps talking about how Lily will still not sleep through the night, and how that is driving him crazy. I am hoping that our little one does better, but I doubt it...LOL.

I am studying for my New Testament mid-term tonight, and just got kicked out of the library. It closes every day at 11:00 for chapel services. So, I am going to go to chapel, and then come back and get some work done.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius