Monday, March 19, 2007

Michelle was having some serious pains Saturday morning, so called the doctor and were told to go to the E.R. So, after spending a few hours there, we were sent home with an apparent U.T.I. I know she was miserable, and in a lot of pain. A funny thing happened on the way home, and it gave us a chuckle.

We dropped her prescriptions off at Walgreens, and then went to Sonic so she could take care of her corn dog jones (this week's craving). After we ordered, and while we were waiting for the food, I kind of almost dozed off. When the waitress came with the food, I was about 30 seconds from being fully asleep. So, I did not have a tip ready, and didn't think about it until a few minutes later. That was about the same time that I realized I had not ordered anything to drink, so I made a second order for a drink. A different person brought my drink to me, and I gave him a tip, and money for the first waitress. I asked him if he would give that part to her. He said sure. A couple of minutes later, the original waitress came outside, and kind of peered around the corner of our car. She was completely freaked out. I lowered the window, and although she did not come real close, she was within hearing range. She said something to the effect of "Uh, what's up? Why did you give me money via that other guy?" So, I told her I had been half-asleep and wanted to make sure I tipped her. She had a quizzical look on her face, and was just freaked out. I think maybe since she was about 15, she thought a greasy old man was trying to hit on her. Idunno. It was hilarious.

Today, we interviewed a childcare provider for the baby, and we came to an agreement with her. So, that is exciting. She keeps just a few kids, in her home in Germantown. We are really comfortable with her. She lives about 10 minutes from CrossRoads, so that will be convenient. After we spoke with her, we went by the church so Michelle could see the inside. I showed her around, and she met the church staff. I think she is really going to like it there. We are both excited.

It looks like I am going to have a meeting with the parents of the youth this Sunday, and probably start working full-speed the week after Easter. I have been busy getting some ideas together, and trying to formulate a plan. I remember when I started at Mount Denson, I had absolutely no experience, no materials, and no plan. It all seemed to work out, though. LOL. This time, I would like to have a plan, though.

We joined Blockbuster video's online program back a few weeks ago, and are really enjoying it. We have watched several really good movies that we ordinarily would not have had time to see in the theatre. Last night, we watched "Fast Food Nation". While some of it hyberbole, for sure, it makes me sick to think of what goes on in the meat industry. Special interest groups purchase the lawmakers in this country (on behalf of ALL industries), so it should not be too surprising to know that the rules are set up in order for corporations to make the quickest buck possible, regardless of the consequences. When it comes to the meat we eat, I will always remember how my biology teacher in high school told us that after taking a bacteriology class in college, she ate no meat for several years. I have enjoyed cutting back on my own meat consumption; I just feel better.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius