Monday, March 26, 2007

This past weekend can only be summed up with a "WOW!".

We rolled to Clarksville on Friday, and it was exciting to be going back home. We hung out at my grandparents' house for a while, until my grandmother and Michelle started talking about going to Hobby Lobby. I knew I had to get out of there, so I went over to my parents' house. When I got there, my dad was setting up his latest toy. His new sub-woofer produces enough bass to make the neighbors think Ft. Campbell is shooting artillery. My mom seriously thinks the foundation of the house is going to crack...LOL.

Anyway, I Steve played my guitar for a while, and I enjoyed watching him. He is becoming a maestro. Mike Clark had begged me to umpire a single game on Friday night, and a double-header on Saturday. So, after hanging out for a while, I headed over to Heritage Park and worked an uneventful game. After the game, I picked up Michelle and we went to Johnny's to satisfy our jones.

Saturday morning, I worked my two games while Michelle literally was "showered" with baby gifts. We have so much stuff now, it is insane. The Clarksville church and Mt. Denson, under the direction of my mother and grandmother, threw her an incredible shower. Oh my. I was hoping to come by towards the end to say hello to everyone, but my games ran long so I missed almost everyone.

While we were cleaning up, Mike called me to ask if there was any way I could run over to Richview and umpire another game. There had been a mix-up due to a team scheduling a game without calling him to get umpires. Mike was already about to go out of his mind, having to schedule over 70 games that weekend. There just aren't enough umpires to cover that many games, but somehow he got it done. Another example of why we have one the best associations anywhere.

Speaking of umpires, we heard over the weekend that Jordan Ferrell got a job in the minor leagues. We are so proud of him. I remember talking to Mike about Jordan several years ago, and we both said he would go as far as he wanted to. We enjoyed working with him, helping him get get started. We certainly wish him all the best.

I also heard that Jessica Hester's Auburn University JROTC team recently won a prestigious competition. She is on a full ride scholarship, with a Marine Corps option. She will be a great Marine, and will serve the country well.

We rolled back to Memphis Saturday night, and were exhausted by the time we got here. Michelle woke up at 3:30 AM Sunday morning with her hips and knees hurting. She was still in pain later in the morning, so I went to church alone. I informed the congregation that I would be leaving after Easter Sunday. Everyone wished us well. It will be tough leaving them.

I went by Crossroads today, and moved some of my office things. My new office is amazing! I should be able to get a lot of work done in there. It's a great enviornment. The church secretary, Martha, informed me that some of the youth have already come by and given their stamp of approval. Apparently, they really like the couch...LOL. I have still got some more stuff to move in, but it won't take long.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius