Friday, March 16, 2007

The last couple of days have been insane. I essentially locked myself in a hole in order to study for my Theology mid-term last night. Unfortunately, I am not sure it did much good. Anyway, I am glad it's Friday. Today, I am going to do some reading for my exegesis paper, then enjoy the Friday. I'm planning on watching some of the second round of the Arnold Palmer Invitational this afternoon. I also need to write my sermon for Sunday. I already kind of have it in my head, so I just need to get it down on paper.

Tuesday night, I got a call from Crossroads Church, and I was offered the position of Director of Youth Ministries. I immediately accepted. This is an incredibly exciting time for me, and Michelle, too. I am working out an exit strategy with the Potts Camp church, but it looks like I will start at Crossroads the week after Easter. I am going by there this morning to fill out paperwork and stuff, and to meet the office staff. Oh, boy. I am so excited. I think this will be a great opportunity.

Michelle and I are looking foward to being in Clarksville next weekend for the baby shower. I was originally going to umpire some baseball games, but I decided just to chill with my friends and family instead. It will be nice to be back home.

Last night, we went to Babies R Us, and ordered a crib. It was kind of exciting to do that. I look forward to putting it together. I hear a lot of dads complaining about how they do not like to put stuff together on Christmas Eve, (The "Some assembly required" label being a bane of society) but I look forward to that. Those opportunites seem to be some of the fun parts of being a dad.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius