Monday, March 05, 2007

Michelle and I met with a pediatrician this morning, and we both were impressed. So, we decided to go with this one. We are also in the process of choosing a nursery, so we should have a decision made on that in the next week or two.

My interview at Crossroads church yesterday went very well. I was told that a decision was going to be made in the next couple of days, and that I should expect a phone call Tuesday night to let me know of their decision. If they call me, I will have a big decision to make. Still do not know what I would do.

There is an interesting summer class being offered at MTS. It is a two-week intensive course entitled, "Gonna Change My Way of Thinking": Bob Dylan on the Bible, Sin & Virtue. "Intensive" means that it meets every day, for about 4 hours each session.

The course description is:

"The course proposes to look at how Dylan used Biblical references in his lyrics as an artist, his vision of sin, and his understanding of virtue. Special consideration will be given to his "Christian albums" for their soteriological content. A multimedia approach will be taken, utilizing musical recordings, documentaries, and taped interviews. Class participants will also be encouraged to prepare musical performances of Dylan's works."

Michelle is encouraging me to take it, although it will be during the last two weeks before the baby is due. I cannot imagine being able to concentrate during that time. Registration is at the end of this month, so I still have some time to think about it.

I need to finish a powerpoint presentation that I will be giving in my Interchurch Relations class tonight. I only have about 4-5 more slides to go, so it is almost done. I also have a mid-term in New Testament class tomorrow night. I am almost ready for that.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius