Friday, July 07, 2006

You may have noticed that I changed the look of the blog. I chose this template because 1) It is considerably brighter than the previous one, thereby reflecting my general disposition these days, and 2) It seemed like a nice way to come back to the world of blogging.

The other day, I started thinking about the movie "Almost Famous", in particular the bus scene that features Elton John's "Tiny Dancer". I remembered that the Patrick Fugit character said the Kate Hudson character "I have to go home". She, in turn, said, "You ARE home". And he got this quizzical look on his face as if just realized that amidst all of the chaos that is a rock-and roll tour, indeed that was now his true home.

So, I got inspired to write a sermon. It is basically about how amidst the chaos of our lives, we can always find refuge in God...that if we allow Him to be our true home, we can always find comfort. My original Scriptural basis was the prodigal son story, but I have decided to use something else--although I haven't decided exactly what.

I found the movie scene on Youtube.com, and embedded a player below.

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius