Sunday, July 09, 2006

I enjoyed watching the World Cup Final between France and Italy this afternoon. In fact, I watched more of this World Cup than any previous World Cup, by a large margin. It was weird, though, that until today, whatever team I rooted for had always lost, with the one exception being Trinidad and Tobago winning their first match in group play (was that a run-on sentence?). For no reason in particular, I rooted for Italy today, so it was nice to see them win. Michelle and I have talked a little about maybe retiring to Italy, so maybe that was why I was cheering for them. I dunno.

We ate dinner at a local Pizza Hut tonight, and it was really good. Funny thing was, the young son of one of the employees was hanging out inside, with his skateboard. I could not resist the temptation to jump aboard, although I did not do any tricks. Robert Frost tells us that one could be worse than a swinger of birches. True indeed.

I bought a couple of new albums from iTunes yesterday. First, I bought the Goo Goo Dolls (relatively) new album, "Let Love In", which came out last year. Then, I bought K.T. Tunstall's current CD, "Eye to the Telescope". There are still about 10 CD's and/or DVD's out that I would like to have, but I will hold off for now. Michelle and I joke about the days of yore when, if I saw a book/CD/DVD that I liked, I bought it and no one gave any flack. Now, I have to consider that their will soon be three mouths in this house, so my purchasing decisions take much longer. LOL.

Unfortunately, Michelle cannot stand K.T. Tunstall's big hit, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", so I am limited to one listen per day. Darn. Memo to self: Gotta find my headphones.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius