Sunday, July 23, 2006

I watched every shot of the final round of the Open Championship this morning, and it was great to see my man Tiger Woods win his 11th professional major, 14th overall. The thing that struck me the most is that after he putted out and sealed the win, he collapsed into the arms of his caddy, and cried on his shoulder for several minutes. Normally, his dad is always there to give him a big bear hug. But, as you may know, his father passed away earlier this year. Tiger got big bear hugs from his caddy, his coach, and his wife, but he said later that it was at this point that he realized his dad would never be there to see him win again, to give him that bear hug. I made a note to give my own father a big bear hug the next time I see him. Which, conveniently enough, will be tomorrow...LOL.

My parents are coming into town for the afternoon tomorrow, and it will be wonderful to see them. I remember in the days leading up to the wedding that mother was concerned about who would keep the top of the cake. Apparently, there is a custom that it be saved, for the couple to share on their first anniversary. So, my mom kept it and is going to bring it when they come. Eating year-old cake is not something Michelle and I are overly excited about, but it should be fun.

I have a short essay due tomorrow that I am going to write tonight, and a 5 page essay due Tuesday that I am going to do tomorrow night after my parents leave. Nothing like waiting to the last minute. Rusty influenced me in so many ways...LOL.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Well, she did a fairly good job saving my cake for a year. It was quite yummy still if I remember correctly.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius