Monday, July 31, 2006

Later this afternoon, we have a meeting with our social worker. We will be discussing what we need to do in the coming weeks, as we get ready for our home study. I keep forgetting I need to hide my meth lab...LOL.

Tonight, I have my first football meeting of the season. Many people who do not officiate sports do not realize how much time we officials spend in meetings and training camps. People quite often ask bluntly, "How much do you get paid for these games" (in what other profession does this happen?) and think it's a gold mine when they find out. They do not realize the level of commitment that is required. Which is understandable I guess, since they are not directly involved in it. These are probably the same folks who think teaching school is a pretty easy gig since teachers (allegedly) get off work at 3:00 or so.

Tomorrow is my birthday. I am going to celebrate by skipping Spanish class and sleeping in for a bit. I have a quiz in ethics, so I have got to do that. However, the rest of the day is mine, and I think we are going to lounge at the Smiths' pool in the afternoon. That will be fun :)

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Yeah what she said..

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius