Wednesday, July 05, 2006

I have been reading and doing research all morning. It feels good to get some stuff done. One day last week, I was inspired to write a sermon. I have no speaking engagement scheduled, so it was kind of weird. Nonetheless, I ran with it, and wrote what I think is a pretty good sermon.

After lunch, I am going to read some more. I have bought several textbooks online in recent days, and I am still waiting for them to arrive, but I have plenty on hand to keep me busy.

Last night, we went to the Redbirds game to see them play the Nashville Sounds. What we did not know, however, was that there would be 100 people from 42 countries who were receiving their U.S. citizenship. They had completed all the necessary steps, and the ceremony was held after the game, on the field behind home plate. The crowd was enthusiastic, and gave several standing ovations. It was incredible to see these folks become Americans. When we adopt our son next year, we will have already completed to requisite paperwork, and when we bring him back, the moment the plane lands he will become an American citizen. That will be awesome.

It feels good to be blogging again, if not for the act itself at least for the fact that I have time to sit down occasionally and collect my thoughts. During my hiatus, I was not able to read the blogs that I normally do, so it has been nice to "catch up" with them. I also found out that Mike and Dana Clark have a blog, and I posted a link to it in the left column.

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius