Monday, July 03, 2006

I have been watching the Women's US Open 18-hole playoff this morning, which has kind of been a blowout. Annika Sorenstam has been in complete control.

Later today, I am umpiring a double-header at a park that is close to home. One of the major differences between my umpiring here, and when I was in Clarksville, is that now I rarely have to travel more than 15-20 minutes away from home. I remember driving over an hour to Hendersonville, Gallatin, Murfreesboro, et. al., for games. It's nice to go just a few miles down the road.

Tonight, we are going downtown to see the city's fireworks show on the river. It should be nice. Last night, we went to a huge Baptist churches for their picnic/concert/fireworks show. It was really great. We had some Corky's BBQ and watermelon for supper. We enjoyed the concert, and the fireworks were awesome. It was much fun.

I hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius