Friday, March 18, 2005

I can report that country-rock is alive and well. The show last night was simply incredible. WOW. We had a super-duper good time. The show was ultra-high energy, and long (although we didn't complain). I think Urban played for about 2.5 hours. He was simply amazing. And the fact that we were at the Ryman didn't hurt. It was my first time ever seeing a show there, although I came close to seeing Steve Winwood there last year. I suddenly realized that the day of the Winwood show was the day I had promised to take the youth group to see Third Day on the other side of town. So, I sold my Winwood tickets, and went to Third Day. Had a great time there, too.

Anyway, before the show, we ate at Mellow Mushroom. I have walked through downtown Detroit at night, and I can say that when I did that, I was not as scared as when we were eating at Mellow Mushroom. I can see why it's my sister's favorite place. I bet all the people who eat and work there listen to Mars Volta. LOL. The wireless internet was nice, though.

Anyway, what is the deal with Wendy's and their evil tendency to have cars towed away? My sister parked at a Wendy's in Knoxville, and got her car towed. We were going to park in Wendy's lot next to MM, but a sign on the MM door said that any car parked there would most definitely get towed. Jeez. So, I pulled around to MM, and had the valet park it. This was scary, since the valet guys were throwing football in the street at the time, not really in tune with their jobs. Jeez.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. By the way, I still need two umpires for Sunday afternoon. If you can breathe, you can umpire for me Sunday.

Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius