Monday, March 28, 2005

I was supposed to have a doubleheader today at Mid-Continent, but it was rained out. Hopefully, my games tomorrow at Motlow will go as scheduled. Also, I have a conference series this weekend, and I really hope it stays dry for that.

As part of my journey through Holy Week, I finished reading my book about Mel Gibson's Passion film. The book consisted of about 25 essays written by various scholars, theologians, and philosophers, representing many different backgrounds and viewpoints. It was great to read about other peoples' opinions of the controversial film. I also watched a movie about Paul, the apostle. While watching it, I remembered that I had a book called "The Pharisees' Guide to Total Holiness", so I started reading it. I have finished the first three chapters, and since it is relatively short, I should be able to finish it by the end of the week.

Yesterday was simply awesome. After a great worship service, Michelle and I came back to Clarksville for my family's picnic. It was great to see everyone, although I sort of grew tired of fielding questions about the wedding. I just told everyone that I am trying to stay sane, and engaged...LOL.

I woke up today with a bit of a scratchy throat, and I hope it does not progress to anything more. I think it is just the crazy weather. After being 75 degrees Saturday, it has been cold and rainy since yesterday. Boo.

I read where the drummer for the 80s band Crowded House committed suicide over the weekend. I have been listening to their music this morning, although a few minutes ago I qued up some Billy Joel. Cool.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius