Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The baseball tournament this weekend was wild. I had a really tough time finding enough umpires to work all the games. In fact, as of 11:00 Saturday night, I was one guy short for Sunday's games. Someone who I doid not know referred someone else I did not know to me, and I figured since he was apparently breathing, he was OK. My standards at that point were not too high. LOL. Seriously, though, I got a lot of positive comments from the tournament directors about the umpiring. He must not have heard from the Murray (KY) Bucs, because they thought I was an embarrassment to the game. LOL. In fact, Michelle got into a bit of an altercation with some of their fans. She had stopped by the park for a few minutes Saturday night, and I made a call that went against them, and when they got on me, she let them know that she was not going to stand for that. LOL. Really, though, everything went fine.

Mike Clark's wife Dana is due to give birth any day now. This will be child #3, and daughter #1. I told Mike he will need to get another job in order to pay for everything. I think that would be job #7 for him. LOL.

I am supposed to have a game at Station Camp HS in Gallatin this afternoon, but the weather has been ominous all day, so I am not sure if we will play or not. Hopefully we will.

Easter is approaching, and I am real excited. We are having services on this Thursday and Friday, and I have some scripture I will be reading during the services. That will be fun.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius