Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Normally, most mornings find me rising near the crack of dawn, to get in some early work before class. And, most mornings find Michelle staying in bed another hour or two until she needs to go to work. However, this morning found her rising in the dark to go to an extra nannying job she picked up, before her regular gig mid-morning. This morning found me lounging in bed lazily surfing the net, reading the news and altogether enjoying some quiet time. Western Philosophy is at 9:40, so I am starting to feel the itch to get up and get ready...I am also jonesing for some breakfast.

Yesterday, I had two meetings that were wholly unrelated (ed. Note: I think it had been at least a year since I had used the word wholly, until I was doing some writing last night and it came out of me. I decided to try to incorporate it into my vernacular.), and completely disparate in their outcomes. Meeting number 1 was a complete waste of time, whilst meeting #2 was an hour of solving problems and working through issues. Cool.

Yesterday was also our 6-month anniversary. Michelle had a Mary-Kay meeting last night, and I went to Atlanta Bread Company to have some caramel machiatto and to start my Ethics paper 1.1. Michelle has a lead box at ABC, so I checked it, and it had almost 10 leads in it :) She is doing real well in her Mary Kay business, and last night we talked about the feasibility of her only doing that after her nanny gig comes to an end in a few months. I left ABC and stopped to get some flowers and a card. I was hoping to get home before she did, but alas she beat me home. Anyway, I presented the flowers and card to her, and was she very appreciative.

The reason that the paper is numbered 1.1 is because every student is required to re-write all of their papers, so instead of 4 papers, I will in effect be writing 8 papers. Plus a mid-term and final, 1 in-class presentation, and a reading journal. This ethics class is insane. LOL.

Yesterday in film class, we watched Total Recall, one of the best sci-fi movies ever. Then we talked about whether we can differentiate between the reality of our dreams and the reality of our awake periods. Descartes worked on this issue. The prof and I had a nice conversation after class, and after I told him I am a philosophy major he got real excited. We talked about the philosophy classes I have had, and he said that the film class was "philosophy light", meaning that it should be easy. I sort of thought that myself, but obviously would not have said it. Of course, I never think any class is easy, because if I did, I would probably slack off. So, I convince myself that every class is the hardest class I have ever had, so I will work hard and not screw up.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius