Tuesday, January 10, 2006

This is my 200th post since I accidentally deleted the blog in October 2003.

Saturday, Michelle and I struck an interesting compromise. The Redskins game started at 3:30, and I was supposed to get off work at 4:00. Michelle desperately wanted to leave for Tullahoma as soon as I got home. So, I proposed that we leave shortly after I got home, then stop in Jackson, TN around 5:00 for an early dinner at a place where I could watch the second half of the game. She agreed, and as a bonus, she reminded me that we had a gift card for Chili's, which would have TV's in the bar. So, we sat down in Chili's shortly after the second half began, and I was able to watch the rest of the game. Truth be told, I almost knocked over a waitress when the Redskins sealed the win at the end...LOL. There were a lot of other Redskins fans there, and some Tampa Bay fans, so it was a nice environment to watch the game. I was glad that the Skins won, and now it is on to Seattle this Saturday. I get off work at 3, and the game starts at 3:30, so I should be home just as the game starts. YAY!

We spent the weekend at Michelle's parents' house in Tullahoma, and had a nice time. I spent Sunday doing essentially nothing, with naps interrupted by periods of watching football. Meanwhile, there was a Mary Kay party downstairs, with all the ladies getting dolled up. It occurred to me that this was the first time since we have been married that I have had an entire afternoon to myself, able to do whatever I wanted. This revelation made me feel sort of guilty for wasting it. I will do better next time.

Today, I have been working on my sermon for February 12. I am excited about speaking at Clarksville church again. I am not nearly as nervous as I was the first time. Hopefully, it will go well. It will be great to see my family, and celebrate "Christmas" with them...LOL.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius