Wednesday, January 18, 2006

School is in Session

Obviously, I have not posted in quite some time. Given all of the recent happenings in my life, this may be a lengthy post.

Last week, we were accused by one of our neighbors of having a dog living with us, which would be a violation of our lease. This was so absurd that I should not have even given it a second thought. Which sounds good, except that I completely blew up and went nuts. I called the Assistant Director, and told her that we would welcome any inspection. I also told her that what was bothered me most was that, according to the notification letter that she had sent us, we were already guilty in her mind. How can one person's allegation make us guilty, with no investigation or inspection? So, she came yesterday to inspect, and of course, found no evidence of a dog. Unfortunately, I was not at home, and she copped an attitude with Michelle.

We think the accuser is the same woman that we filed a complaint about in regards to her parking habits. So, if it is indeed her, she must still be in the third grade. Jeez. Why can't people just live and let live? In an interesting twist to the story, a dog has indeed been seen several times in the past week or so, so I asked one of the neighborhood kids if he knew where it lived. He said, "Sure, it belongs to the people that live next to me". So I asked him to show me where he lives, and he did. I have not decided whether to file a complaint or not, although I lean strongly toward not. The dog doesn't bother me, so it's no big deal.

What a great way to start the first week of the semester. Yesterday was the first day of class, so not much happened. Except that both of my professors specifically said that their classes were going to be extremely difficult. I had never had any professor just come out and say that, so to have 2 in the same day was a little unnerving. Anyway, the way I see it, if the work-benefit ratio is good, then I do not mind. I just hate working hard in a class that I don't get much out of. From the looks of it, I should learn a lot of interesting stuff in both of yesterday' classes, so it's no big deal.

I only had one class today, which was Math. This is the first math class I have taken in quite some time, so I am a little nervous. However, the professor said that since this is a math theory class, it will be different than most. It will not be linear, with each unit building upon the previous material. One unit is on logic, which is something that I sort of specialize in, so that unit should be a breeze. The others will be more difficult, I am sure. I bought the wrong book, so I am going to the bookstore later today to exchange it for the correct one.

My philosophy in film class only meets on Mondays, albeit for 3 hours each session. So, I have no idea as of now what we will be doing in there. Normally, I try to get the syllabus for each of my classes early, before the semester starts, but this time I did not. So, I will find out next Monday which films we will be studying.

One of the books I bought on eBay for my western philosophy class has not come yet, and since I am supposed to read 55 pages for tomorrow, I am going to buy it at the bookstore, then return it when the eBay book gets here. I certainly do not want to fall 55 pages behind.

Michelle was in a car accident Monday night. She and her Mary Kay partner were heading to a meeting, and were rear-ended at a stoplight. She is still quite sore, but is feeling better today. She did not work yesterday, but she going this afternoon. So, that is good. Also, she went to the doctor a few days ago, and received some really encouraging news. So, that is good, too. :)

I have a baseball meeting tonight, so I am going to try to get as much school work done as I can before then. I am going to update my calendar, then make a game plan for the next week or so, then eat some lunch, then head to the bookstore, then the library. Sounds like a good plan. Let me ask, does anyone actually look at my calendar? A link is located in the left margin of your screen, near the top. I put it there so people can know where I am and what I am doing if they so desire. Does anyone desire?

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius