Thursday, November 04, 2004

Being a Republican, I was overjoyed to see Bush win re-election. I feared that President Kerry would have brought about a decline in the country's moral values (abortion, stem cells, gay marriages would have all been full-steam ahead), not to mention higher taxes. Since both of my brothers are small business owners, it would have been tough for me to see their taxes skyrocket, as I feel they would have under Kerry.

I think the American people spoke loud and clear about their values by defeating gay marriage in all 11 states where it was on the ballot. Alaskans defeated a bill that would have legalized pot. California showed it is on the far left, by authorizing stem cell research.

Michelle and I watched the returns in the lobby of her dorm. There was a nice party, with an eclectic mix of Republicans, Democrats, and even a couple of Nader-backers. Spirits were high, and attitudes were cordial, so everyone had a good time. I won 3 cans of shaving cream by answering various trivia questions about previous elections, so now I am well-stocked.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius