Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Let me recap the events of the last several days:

Friday:

I showed up at Michelle's dorm at the prescribed time, to find that she had transformed her room into an Italian bistro, complete with warm mood lighting and great decorations. We enjoyed a wonderful lasagna dinner, and watched a movie afterward. It was a blast!!

Saturday:

I worked 3 football games, and forgot to apply sunscreen to my face. The burn has receded, but at this moment I look like a reptile that is molting. LOL. I was at Books-A-Million this morning, and some guy gave me a weird look. LOL. Whatever.

Saturday night, Michelle and I ate at Don Pancho's, the best Mexican joint in town. it was great. We ran into a family from Mt. Denson, so that was funny. Afterward, we went to my house and listened to music for a while, then she went home. Sometime later, I got a phone call saying that I had been assigned a 2nd round playoff game this Friday. Way cool!! I was not at all expecting to get a game, so I am really hyped. I do not know where we are going, only that we are leaving at 2:30 in the afternoon, so I can surmise the game must be pretty far away. We'll see what happens.

Sunday, after church and lunch, I took a LONG nap, about 2.5 hours. It felt great. The youth group meeting was really nice; we had 3 visitors that had never come before. Cool. It's a good sign when the kids are comfortable enough to invite their friends. Michelle and I are really excited about what we have going on with the group.

Yesterday, I ate lunch with the Nashville Presbytery ministers. There is a big Christian Education meeting in Memphis this week, so a lot of the regulars were there. It was still nice, however, to catch up on all the latest gossip. LOL. When I left, I stopped by the church and rearranged some of the furniture in my office. I have been given another bookshelf, so I am trying to decide where I want to put it. I needed another shelf, because I have filled up the one I started with. One of my aunts recently gave me a huge box of books and minister-type materials, so I needed to find a way to store them.

Last night, there was a spaghetti dinner in Michelle's dorm, so we went there and ate. Good fun was had by all. Afterward, we went to the "new" Brary to hang out for a while. That was the first time either of us had been there. I ran into a kid that grew up playing baseball here, and we talked a while about baseball and stuff. I have umpired a ton of his games over the years.

It has been sort of a light week in regard to school, so there is not much to report there. I have been doing a ton of reading lately, trying to catch up.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius