Friday, November 19, 2004

Michelle and I are getting ready to leave for the fall retreat. We are really excited. We have 15 from our church going, so it will wild getting them there and back. I will be delivering the message tomorrow morning, so keep me in your prayers.

I was assigned the task of giving a sermon on the topic of "peace". I decided to talk about spiritual peace, instead of political or eschatological peace. I feel that spiritual peace is a precursor to the other two, anyway. I am going to play the George Harrison song "Give me Love, Give me Peace on Earth" as part of the sermon. I hope the kids will get the point. Wish me luck.

I got tired of waiting on my power cord to be delivered from Dell (as of last night it still had not been sent to UPS), so I bought one at Batteries Plus on Wilma Rudolph. It seems to be working well, and it has a 1 year warranty. I am leaning towards selling the whole unit and upgrading, maybe sometime in the spring. I dunno yet.

Earlier today, we stopped by Rossview High School so I could drop off some stuff for Richard McWhirter. While we were there, we went to see Sandra Black, who teaches there. She and her family have been good friends for a long time, so it was great to see her. She told me that her daughter Rachel reads my blog, so I am going to stop cussing. LOL.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius