Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Needless to say, it has been a long time since I have posted. I promised to quit cussing in this forum, so in the name of honor, let me say that I have been feeling like feces lately.

Michelle and I went to Tullahoma to share Thanksgiving with her family, much to the chagrin of my mother. After enjoying a great meal Thursday afternoon, everyone repaired to the TV room to watch "Elf" with Will Ferrell. Since I despise most stupid Christmas movies (National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation notwithstanding), I drifted in and out consciousness. I was awake long enough to tell a funny (to me) story about my very brief career in bicycle assembly, though (more on that later). All seemed well until the next morning. I was playing X-box college football, trying to master the option offense. In dynasty mode, I lead the University of Georgia to 5 national championships in a six year span. With success comes scrutiny, of course, so my team got put on NCAA probation for two years. Those darn boosters are always screwing things up. Anyway, I started itching in a couple of places about mid-morning. Turns out I was having an allergic reaction to something, and I got a rash that spread all over my body. From head to toe. Jeez. Itching like CRAZY!! I spent about 3 days in agony, trying not to peel off my skin. About the time the rash went away, I developed my bi-annual sinus infection. So, I have continued to be in agony the past few days. So, I cancelled class today, and didn't even get out of bed until 2 PM. I feel horrible. Oh well. All things must pass.

**In regards to my previous mention of a very brief career in bicycle assembly, let me explain. When I worked at Wal-Mart, I got moved to the toy department one Christmas season. My first assignment was to assemble all the bikes. Management was wanting me to do about 15-20 per day, but the best I could muster was about 3-4. So, after a couple of days, I got moved to a different job. LOL.

I hope I start feeling better soon, because like most people, I simply do not have time to be sick. Please wish me well.

Michelle came over tonight to create a Powerpoint presentation for tomorrow. It was good to see her--she was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise dreadful day.

We watched Jeopardy Ken lose tonight, after an incredible run of success. He missed two Daily Doubles, and that sealed his fate. He was a class act in defeat, offering a gracious handshake to the winner. We could all learn a lesson in humility.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius