Wednesday, November 10, 2004

This morning, I was unable to get online at home. After doing some trouble-shooting, I concluded that it was a problem with the cable(I have Charter alleged-high speed) since the "cable" light on the modem was alternating between blinking and steady off--when it should be steady on all the time. So, I called Charter, and after spending 15 minutes with the automated customer service lady doing stuff I had already done, I got to speak with a real person.

Benjamin was a nice fellow, but something strange happened on the way to getting the problem repaired. We both deducted that the problem was indeed in the signal, so he began writing up a work order. While doing this, he suddenly screamed, "Wait!! Stop!! We are being ambushed!! We are being ambushed!! At this point I am nearly ready to shit my pants, thinking someone is walking around Benjamin's office with an Uzi, ready to take out their frustrations on the world. In reality, "ambushed" is Charter-speak for the act of receiving a ton of calls about a specific problem from a specific area. It seems that most of Clarksville was unable to get online, and the office was being deluged with calls. So, the work order was cancelled, and Benjamin told me they would investigate the problem and that I should try to get online later in the day. Whew!! I was thinking, "Jeez, what will I do if people die in an attack while I am on the phone?" I am glad nothing like that happened!!

As you may surmise, I am now online again, so it appears the problem has been solved. Without violence, thankfully.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius