Tuesday, November 23, 2004

We got back from the retreat with our sanity intact, barely. We were both exhausted, so when we got into town, we went to her dorm for naps. I had barely over an hour before I had to go to a baseball meeting (we laughed about the fact that people who don't know would never guess that baseball season starts in November), but thankfully the meeting was at APSU, so I only had to walk about 2 minutes to get there.

The retreat was great--I think most of the kids had great experiences. I am not sure my sermon was all that great, I dunno. I did the best I could, so I am OK with it. I plan on posting some pics, maybe tomorrow. I need to get them sorted out first.

Friday, about 30 minutes after I got home with my new power cord, the cord I ordered from Dell arrived. That really ticked me off--the fact that according to Dell's tracking, it had not even made it to the carrier yet. So, now I have two cords. I am going to send the Dell cord back to them and get a refund. I am completely infuriated with Dell in general (I have been through 2 hard drives and 2 power cords in 15 months), so I doubt if I will ever buy from them again. I want to sell my laptop and upgrade by the end of next summer, but I have not made a decision in regards to which brand I am going to buy. More research is needed.

The alternator in Michelle's Explorer is going bad, so my brother Tim and I are going to install a new one this afternoon. Michelle and I are going to leave for Tullahoma after that, and we will be driving my truck there. That way, her dad can help me install a new windshield wiper motor. I have been driving without wipers for several months, and have been fortunate not to have gotten caught in any big storms. I don't want to push my luck any further, though.

I forgot to post last week after Michelle's birthday. It was a really nice day (especially for her!!), as I showered her with gifts. LOL. I got her a Keith Urban CD (which was free with the purchase of an Eric Clapton CD, so it was win-win), a basket of things plus a loaf of bread from the Apple Barn, and a new set of tires. Nothing says true love like BF Goodrich. LOL. The new tires are not yet installed, so I will get that done when I have a minute to breathe.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will miss not being here with my family, but I am sure they will survive...LOL. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius