Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Q. When was the last time I went 1 hour and 25 minutes without saying a word?

A. Earlier today in African American Lit class. I absolutely had nothing to say. I just turned in my paper and sat silent. Unfortunately for me, no one else did the same. The class turned into a shouting match, and by the time it was over I had a pounding headache. So, I went to see Michelle, she gave me a Tylenol and I felt better. Thankfully, it was extra-strength.

My game last night in Waverly was wet and miserable. I took my long cleats with me, and that turned out to be a smart move. I was so proud of myself. I think that may be my last high school game this year. I am doing baseball this Friday, and next Friday I am off as well. Maybe I will get a playoff game, but I am not counting on it. I'll see how it goes.

The double test in British Lit has been postponed to an undetermined date, so that is a relief. I am concentrating all my efforts on the Existentialism test Thursday, because it will be the most difficult test I have ever taken. Except for those tests my mom gave me in 4th grade math class :( Seriously, though, this test is gonna be a monster. There are only 5 questions, but each question has about 172 sub parts. Each question is worth 8 points, so the 40 points make up 40% of the grade for the semester. I need to be great on Thursday.

After the test, I will immediately start working on a research paper that is due 12 days from then. It should be interesting.

Most of my writing assignments this semester are essays, not research based. I am not sure which I like best. In essays, it is sometimes difficult for me to get focused on an idea. Anyway, I will spend my fall break writing and reading. Joy. Almost makes me long for the days before the fall break. Of course, nothing beats the clown professor I had who gave a test the day after the Super Bowl. That was the same professor who shot fireworks to celebrate the vernal equinox. Seems the two of us have different priorities. LOL.

Sometime in the next two weeks, I am going to have to put together a sermon for October 31. I am still considering whether to wear a costume. LOL.

I hope everyone else has a wonderful afternoon. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius