Saturday, October 30, 2004

Michelle and I have been enjoying our Netflix subscription. We seem to be getting red envelopes nearly every day. Cool. We watched The Big Chill last night; it had been a long time since I had seen it and she had never seen it. We both enjoyed it immensely. It is one freaky flick, that's for sure.

I have a lot of work to do today, before I head to the football field this afternoon. I have 3 games at Kenwood starting at 1:30. These will be my last football games of the season. Our season-ending banquet is Monday night (whoever heard of scheduling a banquet on Monday-friggin' night, anyway?!?!?), and that will bring my season to a close. The playoffs start next Friday.

I realized yesterday that I used a fallacious argument in my philosophy paper. Jeez, I made an A in logic, and I still did that. I am pissed at myself. No telling what my grade will be; half the paper was based on that argument. Damn. This sucks. I have been under a lot of pressure lately, and I guess this is a by-product of that. By the way, the fallacy was that I used the word "immanence" instead of the word "eminence"; this is called the fallacy of equivocation. Oh well, life goes on. With a lower grade of course.

I am going to work on tomorrow's sermon after my football games. I sort of have an idea in my head, but haven't been able to get it down on paper. I think I am going to sleep at the church tonight, and shower at the minister's house in the morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius