Thursday, October 07, 2004

I have given up on my old blog, conceding that it has been erased. Too bad...I should have been more careful with it. Oh well, all things must pass, and I will start anew.

Next Thursday, I have a test in Existentialism, and a test in Brit Lit. Actually, the Brit Lit test in two-in-one. The first test was supposed to be a couple of weeks ago, but we are so far behind that the prof decided to combine the two. I am not thrilled. This coming seven day period will be very hectic.

I am watching the Dodgers self-destruct on TV. Jeff Weaver is the worst pitcher in the major leagues, and yet the Dodgers insist on running his noodle arm out to the mound at every opportunity. It's sort of like the myth of Sysiphus, pushing his rock up the hill. The Dodgers know Weaver cannot win, and yet they still keep trying with him. This is sick.

When two of your starting pitchers are Weaver and Hideo Nomo, it is impossible to win more than three games in a row. It's also really hard to beat the best team in the majors, the Cardinals. The sad thing is that back in March, I knew the Dodgers had been eliminated from World Series contention. It is a sorry feeling; sort of like being a Cubs or Red Sox fan.

I am going to start studying, because I cannot stomach any more of this crap.

Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius