Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I got an email yesterday from my grandmother, and the entire text read, "YOUR BLOG NEEDS UPDATING!!!!!!!!!!" Obviously, Granny still has quite a bit of spunk in her...LOL. Anyway, here I am.

Our wireless router at home died last week (it was a sudden and painless passing), so I have been having connectivity disfunction. My brother Steve sent me my old router that he broke and then allegedly fixed, although I have not been able to get that up and running yet. Joy.

Spring break last week was wonderful and refreshing. Monday was the first full day of baseball season, so I went to work early, and got home in time to see the last half of the early games, then watched the majority of a couple more throughout the night. The next day, I was talking with my dad, and he said something about the NCAA men's basketball championship game, which had also been the night before. I think I may have said something like, "Oh, really. Didn't realize that was on." LOL. I do feel a little out of my element living in a basketball town, when baseball and football are where it's at for me.

I also got a lot of important work done last week; primarily my exegesis paper that is due next week. I have a couple of shorter papers due this week that I am still working on (or thinking of working on), so I should be able to get those knocked out soon. My exegesis of the parable of the Lost (aka "prodigal", although "prodigal" and "lost" do not mean the same thing) Son is probably my best paper all semester. I am not quite happy with the opening paragraph, so I am going to revisit it before I turn it in. Otherwise, I think it's solid.

The first paragraph of the preeminent account of the first month of World War I, The Guns of August, took its author, Barbara Tuchman, EIGHT HOURS to write. Ever since I discovered that, I have taken extra pains to make my opening paragraphs better.

I remember that last year, having spent spring break in Israel, I came back exhausted. It took me probably a full week to recover, and I got a little behind on some stuff. I had a paper in my ethics class that the professor graciously gave me an extension on, but I still did not do well on it. I think I made a C or a C+ or something. Oh well. This year, I came back to class "tanned and rested", as they say in the political world.

My fellow Israel travelers are getting together soon for a reunion, but it is on a night when I have class, so I will not be able to attend. ***sadness***

I preached my last sermon at Lebanon Church on Sunday. I was quite melancholy afterward. I was sad to go, but I am very excited at the opportunity at CrossRoads church. My first full meeting with the youth is this Sunday night. I am stoked!

Since Sunday's worship was earlier than normal, and there was no Sunday School, at 10:00 AM we suddenly realized that we had the entire day in front of us. We briefly entertained the idea of rolling to Clarksville for my family's gathering, but we reminded ourselves that when the doctor said for Michelle to "take it easy", he meant it. So, she took a nap while I watched the Masters. I guess it just wouldn't be fair if Tiger won all of them. Congrats to Zach Johnson.

Nathan Wheeler, who was formerly the Youth Minister at Clarksville Church and is currently the Youth Minister at Faith Presbyterian in Germantown, led his group in a 30 hour famine last weekend. We stopped by to see them right at the very end; I think they had about 7 minutes remaining in their fast. It was great to see them, and great to hear that they had raised over $1800 for World Vision. AWESOME!

While we were eating lunch Sunday, the baby noticably dropped lower in Michelle's belly. We sort of freaked out just a little, until we did some research and found that this is normal, with one caveat. Apparently, when the baby drops like this, it tends to be born about 4-6 weeks after doing so. And, since we are at this time 11 weeks short of the due date, this means the baby would arrive several weeks early. We are trying to get as close to 40 weeks as possible, so we are a little anxious now. But, the baby will come when he wants to, and there's not much we can do about it, so we try not to worry.

I hope everyone is doing well.

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius