Tuesday, April 24, 2007

We went to the doctor yesterday for a regularly scheduled visit, and got a clean bill of health for mom and baby. We go back in two weeks, at which time we will get a new ultrasound picture. June 28 is fast approaching. We have a baby swing that I am going to assemble tomorrow. That should be fun; I like putting stuff together. However, I am a bit leery of these stories I hear about fathers staying up all night on Christmas Eve, assembling toys...LOL. Ah, who am I kidding? That's half the fun.

Last night in my Ecumenism class, I gave a presentation on the Church's history of missions to Native Americans. This project actually grew out of a project I did several years ago while at Austin Peay. This time, the presentation grew to an hour and half (instead the 15 minutes that it started from). Although, the dialogue was so great that I think we could have gone for at least another hour or so. It went really well, and after I was done the class gave me a standing ovation...LOL. That was something. One man, who is about to graduate in a couple of weeks, said that my presentation was the highlight of his entire time in seminary. That was incredible. I was glad to get it over with, because I had been working on it for the entire semester. It was a great relief.

Several days ago, I saw some kids outside playing with water squirt guns. I SO wanted to join them, but had too many other things to do. As Uncle Bob says, "One could do worse than be a swinger of birches."

This being the 20th anniversary of the movie "Dirty Dancing", I saw where there is going to be a line of baby clothes, primarily onesies, that say, "Nobody puts Baby in a corner." We have got to get one of those...LOL.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius