Monday, April 16, 2007

Michelle seems to think I have an unhealthy addiction to the music of Avril Lavigne. Hmm...

We got some really good news from the doctor last Friday. For several months, all signs had been pointing toward a premature birth, but on Friday the doctor said she thinks it will go full-term. Given that she said this with a smile on her face, and with confidence, our spirits were really lifted. So, that was really encouraging.

We worshiped at CrossRoads for the first time yesterday. It was really great; everyone there has welcomed us with open arms. All th women were excited to talk to Michelle about the baby, and I met a guy who is a long-time football official in the local association. He showed me his state championship ring, and I told him I was working toward one of those. His son is an umpire in the major leagues, so we talked baseball for a few minutes, too. That was cool.

The youth group had its first meeting last night, and I think it went really well. The kids all seem to be really excited, so that is encouraging. I am in the process of putting together some big plans for the summer.

In the months leading up to the wedding, I started having some really crazy dreams. Which was doubly weird because I normally can go years without having a dream that I remember. So, to have several dreams over the course of just a few months or so was freaky. Anyway, I have started to have some strange dreams again. While I do not think any dream can compare in craziness to my Darth Vader/Rolling Stones dream, the one I had recently is still strange.

I dreamt that the youth group and I were playing golf at Augusta National Golf Club, and Tiger Woods was playing with us. We had a couple of visitors in our group, kids that were not regular attenders, but happened to be with us on this day. When Tiger discovered that one of his irons was missing, and the two visitors were gone, he informed me that the two visitors were suspected by the police of bludgeoning an old woman to death with a golf club somewhere in another state. I was livid that Tiger had not informed me of this before, so I started cursing him like a dog. After a while, everything settled down, and we continued our round of golf. Neither the visitors, nor Tiger's iron, ever reappeared. I told you it was strange!!

I spent the morning working at the church, and got a ton of stuff done. That always feels great. I have some work to do before ecuminism class tonight, so I need to get on that. It's hard to believe that there are only two more weeks of classes! After that, there is a reading period for one week, then final exams. My first semester is almost over! It has flown by so quickly, it is astounding.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius