Friday, April 22, 2005

Tom Petty tickets go on sale today, so we are heading over to Kroger's to pick up a pair. The concert is July 13, and we are really excited. Also, there is a "major concert announcement" at 5 PM today. All they said yesterday was that the show would be at a "smaller venue" than Starwood, and that the act is "one of the greatest ever". That tells me it's at the Ryman, but I do not know who it could be. Michelle thinks its Bob Dylan, and that seems plausible to me. I am really hoping it's Eric Clapton.

I have a doubleheader starting at 5 tonight, so I will not be able to hear the announcement. Michelle is going to be listening, and she will fill me in later.

My game last night at Portland was really funny. Funny in that I did not have a good game. I missed several strikes, and a balk. Funny thing was that no one complained about anything. Wow. That doesn't happen often. I think it was largely because when an umpire looks like he knows what he is doing, walks on the field with clean shoes and a good uniform, and looks like he has been there before, that will sometimes buy some credibility. I was just glad to get out of there.

I hope everyone has a great day. Peace...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you know if the concert is going to be rained out? And if it does rain, are they still going to have it or what?

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius