Monday, April 11, 2005

My games Saturday at Kentucky Wesleyan went real well; I was glad I didn't screw anything up this time. This Saturday, I have a doubleheader at Bellamine, a Catholic school in Louisville. In fact, last night Michelle and I were looking at my upcoming schedule, and I have baseball every night from now until April 23, except for Sundays and Wednesdays. I will be busy. And tired. Of course, some of those games will be rained out, but hopefully, not too many. This has been a pretty good year so far in the rain department, as I have had a few rainouts, but not too many.

Today is the funeral for Sharon Roden, the mother of one of my youth. She had cancer for several years, and last week took a turn for the worse. She passed away on Friday. It's not fair to die so young, but life often is not fair. I was asked to read some scripture during the service, which obviously is a great honor. One thing I have trouble adjusting to as a minister is in worship services where I am participating, I have difficulty worshiping myself. I am always worried about being in the right place at the right time, and saying the right thing. I am trying to work on it.

Michelle has lined up a job with a church in Memphis. She will be the Director of Children's ministry there. That position will also require her to preach occasionally when the senior pastor is away. She is really excited about the opportunity. I am just glad that she is willing to support that shiftless fiancee of hers. LOL.

For the past 2 weeks or so, I have been pounding Kent relentlessly with trash talk about how Tiger Woods would win the Masters. Kent's favorite golfer is Phil Mickelson, and Tiger is mine. LOL. I kept sending him text messages with stuff like "my guy is better than your guy", and so on. LOL. We love to have fun with each other like that.

I hope everyone has a great day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius