Friday, February 16, 2007

I have re-vamped my strategy for writing my Church History papers. For the first paper of the semester, I worked hours and hours on it, and was quite proud of it. I only got a B+. Boo-hoo. For the second paper, mostly because we spent the weekend in the hospital, I started working on it at !0:30 PM the night before it was due. On this paper, I got an A. YAY! So, I have decided to make minimal effort on all my papers for the rest of the semester. Not. LOL. It reminds me of the time in freshman English where I wrote an essay in the van, riding back from a church skiing trip. When I submitted that paper, I just knew it was so bad that I would be told to never come back to class. As it turned out, I was the only person in the class to make an A. In fact, the professor made a point to say that in 20+ years of teaching, that was the first time she had ever given an A on a paper. Hyperbole, I am sure. But, it felt good nonetheless. Anyway, work on my next paper starts this morning.

I turned in my paper for theology class last night. The bulk of the paper is something that I wrote a couple of years ago, even though it was not an assignment. I had some ideas on the subject (the dangers of scriptural literalism), and wrote a couple of pages. I worked on it some more later, and stretched it out a bit further for this assignment. It's a bit strange to think of turning in a project that started over two years ago. However, when I started it, I had a strong feeling that I would be able to use it somewhere at some point down the line. This topic is one that I am greatly interested in, and I anticipate revisiting it again. I would like to continue working on this paper, and developing it even further. Maybe to the point where I could present it at a conference. We'll see.

Michelle felt really horrible yesterday, we think because the baby is growing. She felt him kicking up higher than ever before. By the time I got home last night, the sickness had dissipitated, and she was craving a meatball sub. So, I made a Subway run.

Last week, there was a blood drive at school, so donated a pint. A few days later, I found out that my cholestoral has dropped from 176 to 163 since the last time I gave. YAY! That was cool. I think drinking soy milk instead of cow's milk, and eating a largely vegeterain diet probably contributed to the drop. Also, I encourage everyone to give blood. It is a great way to help your fellow humans. When I gave this last time, I qued up the video for Train's "Drops of Jupiter" on the iPod as I was being hooked up to the equiopment. When that song was over, I qued up the video for Tom Petty's "Saving Grace", and when that was over, I was done giving blood. The nurse told me my total drainage time was less than 4 minutes! That was funny.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius