Saturday, February 17, 2007

By yesterday afternoon, Michelle had had enough of this bedrest stuff, so we broke her out of the house. We went out to Bartlett to do some light shopphing, then got some early dinner. The little one got real active on the way home, ostensibly because he was so happy to be out of the house...LOL.

One of my fellow graduates received his diploma in the mail a couple of days ago, and I have not yet received mine. I am feeling quite envious. Hopefully it will arrive soon.

Yesterday, I did not make any headway on my history paper. However, I did get my sermon written, and I read some for New Testament class. And I did some research for a paper in that class (due in April).

My sermon is entitled, "Jesus Loves Me, This I Know". With everything that happend last week, I felt like I was going to go out of my mind. I was majorly over-stressed. I was still feeling that way as of this Wednesday. In fact, while driving to class, I suddenly realized I had missed several turns, and was kind of lost in a area of town with which I am unfamiliar. I was so wound up about everything that is going on, I couldn't even get to school! So, I started to make a concerted effort to get my mind right. Toward that end, I started thinking about the basic things, and being thankful for all the blessings I have. Later that night at home, I started singing the familiar children's song, "Jesus Loves Me", and I told Michelle that I was just trying to get back to the basics and trying not to take myself too seriously. So, I wrote my sermon in that mindset. I think it's a pretty good sermon--I'll be talking about how God loves us after we are born, and even before we are born. So, my mind is now right. I feel great.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius