Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Yesterday at lunch, I decided to take my lunch and a guitar to a park near campus. After I had eaten, I got out the guitar, and started to strum. In less than 5 minutes, a ton of homeless people came out of the woods (from all directions) to hear the guy with the guitar. We exchanged hellos, and I continued playing. We all had a great time, and the music clearly lifted the spirits of several of them. In all, I played for about an hour in front of about 15-20 men. The whole thing was awesome. Michelle said that if I go on tour, she will print the T-shirts.

Last night, Michelle's class did not meet, so we pawned Alex off on some friends and went out on a date. We went to a really nice restaraunt that we can only afford when we have a buy 1-get one free coupon (even then, we spend too much). This was our third time going there, and every time it has been wonderful. Then, we went grocery shopping! YAY! What a date! LOL. We are just geeky enough to do that. Remember, our first date included a visit to a book store (she bought me Robert Frost; I bought her Ralph Waldo Emerson). Anyway, we got our groceries, took them home to put away, got some Starbucks, then picked up Alex. It was a fun night. Too bad I had class this morning; by the end of the day, Michelle and I were both exhausted.

Alex has an appointment with his apnea doctor tomorrow. After that, I think I will take him by seminary. I need to get a couple of books from the library, and a bunch of people want to see him, so it should be fun.

My grandmother called me the other day to tell me that she had gotten a new car. I am so happy for her; she had been needing one for 10 years or so! Now, she is riding in style. Cool.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Granny got a new car? Wow, never thought that would happen...

Chris Winn said...

Yeah, I was a bit surpised. Jack had been on her for a while (uh, 5 years or so) about getting a new ride, and she finally broke down and relented. I am happy for her.

I cannot remember what she got; I think it was a Chevrolet, but I am not sure of the model.

Peace...

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius