Monday, October 29, 2007

Damn those flu shots. Last Monday, Michelle and I got flu shots, ostensibly to avoid getting sick. The next morning, we both woke up sick. Joy. So, the rest of the week was essentially worthless, at least in regards to getting anything productive done. I even turned in a football game Thursday night that I was supposed to work. I was, however, able to work my varsity game Friday.

To add to the misery of last week, we got the news that Michelle's great-grandmother passed away. She was about 95, and was a lot of fun to be around. She and Michelle were really close, and she will be missed. Michelle's mom was able to go to the funeral, but Michelle did not want to fly with her head stuffed up like it was. I am sorry that she was not able to go.

A couple of weeks ago, without telling me, Michelle ordered my Christmas present. She was very clandestine about the whole thing; she even had it delivered to her work so I would not see it. But, for whatever reason, once it arrived, she just had to tell me. First, she made me guess for a couple of days what it might be. The only clue that she would give me is that I had once said I would like one. That wasn't much of a clue, since there are tons of things I say I would like. So, after a couple of days of guessing, she finally revealed that she had gotten me a new computer. Not just any computer, but a really good iMac, loaded up with good stuff. She had even splurged and gotten me a wireless keyboard and wireless Mighty Mouse (Apple's 4-button mouse). Woo! So, I begged her to bring it home, and she did. So, while I was so miserably sick, I was able to enjoy getting it set up like I want it. Both of our laptops are showing signs of age, so it's good to have another hard drive to back up everything onto. Plus, I will be able to edit the videos I have taken of Alex, and make DVDs. That will be cool.

The stats on the iMac are: 250 GB HD, 1 GB RAM (I am upgrading to 3 GB), 2.33 GHz Intel Dual Core Processor. I am going to upgrade to the new OS (Leopard), which comes with Boot Camp, the program that allows Leopard and Windows to run on the same unit. So, I am also going to install Windows XP. Therefore, we will have the best of both worlds.

I have been having some pains in my neck and left shoulder, so I am going to a chiropractor to get checked out. It's been several years since I have gotten adjusted, so hopefully I can get straightened out again.

A friend of mine who is in grad school at the University of Chicago was struck by a taxi cab while she was crossing an intersection last week. Thankfully, she was not seriously injured, although she was shaken up quite a bit. Also, one of the kids in my youth group was hit by a car on Saturday. She, too, was very fortunate to have only been bruised and scraped.

The Red Sox finished off the Rockies last night. It's weird how they went 86 years without winning a series, and now have won twice in 4 years. The American League is so much better than the National League right now, it's just crazy. For so long, the NL was much better than the Al, so I guess they are due. I was glad that I was able to watch most of all 4 games. Last year, I was able to only see a few innings of the entire Series, and it drove me crazy. Michelle was able to make it through 3.5 games really well. During last night's game, she finally asked, "So, what game is this?" I told her it was Game 4, and with more than a little longing in her voice, she asked, "So, if Boston wins, it's over, right?" LOL. I am proud of her for making it that far. One day, I will teacher her the infield fly rule.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius