Thursday, October 04, 2007

I have been thinking about what I said earlier, about my perception that a life lost before it has reached its potential may generate an increased level of sadness among many people. That is my perception, and it may well be wrong. If it is correct, I am not sure that I agree with it. It seems to me that an elderly person, who has lived a life full of happiness and sadness, because she has experienced more throughout her life, stands to lose more upon death. An infant, on the other hand, has had comparatively fewer happiness/sadness experiences, so she seems to lose less upon her death. Not that I am advocating the death of infants or anything like that (a very special one happens to live in my house!), it's just a thought.

I am going to Nashville tonight for a meeting with my ministerial committee. Yeah, driving 3.5 hours for a 30 minute meeting, then driving 3.5 hours back home. During mid-terms. I must be insane.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius