Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Last week, we bought a new queen-size bed. We are really enjoying it. I have had trouble waking up in the mornings...LOL. We also put new tires on my truck, something that had needed to be done for about a year. The old tires were to the point where the steel belts were showing. That's bad. So, we got a set of BF Goodrich's put on, and everything is cool.

I have a major test tomorrow in Philosophy 2. I am so not ready. I also have a ton of Spanish to do. Lots of homework, some online workbook stuff, and we have a quiz Monday, then a test next Friday. Jeez.

I got the syllabus for my Israel trip next spring. I have to read 3 books by the time we leave. We also have several class meetings in January and February. This is going to be a lot of work. Michelle decided not to go, since there is no way the class will give her any credit toward her degree. Her decision saddens me a great deal, because it just won't be the same without her. But, I completely understand her decision.

We are saving up for a tour of Japan and China in 2008 that we would like to go on. We are really excited about this opportunity. I spoke with the man in charge of the tour, who lives in Iowa, and it turns out he knows my grandmother. That was so cool. This will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for us.

My three-year-old cousin Claire is battling for her life right now. It was discovered that she had a tumor on her brain stem, and although that was removed, she is still in a lot of trouble. She is going to have a tracheotomy performed, and a feeding tube inserted into her stomach. No one should have to endure this, especially not a small child. Please pray for her and her parents.

I am making a QuickTime movie of her, so if you have any pictures of her, please send them to me. Thanks.

I hope everyone is doing well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius