Thursday, January 06, 2005

My dog disappeared on Christmas day, and was gone for several days. Some guy dropped her off at my house last week, without saying a word. She was weak, tired, and sick. She had clearly been outside the entire time, and had probably not eaten. I immediately took her to the vet, and found that she had a sore throat and chest congestion. She has been doing better every day, and when I exercised her today, she ran with nearly the same energy as usual. I am so glad that she is back and doing well. Michelle and I stopped at Kroger's tonight, and I got her (Fluffy, not Michelle) a butcher's bone. She will vaporize it tomorrow when I give it to her. She only started eating normally in the past couple of days because of the sore throat, so she is looking to make up for lost time. She rarely eats all the food I giver her each day, but the past two days, she has cleaned her bowl.

Michelle and I took a hard look at the guest list tonight, and I did some paring. We are trying to keep the total number to about 300, but we are still over by quite a bit. Maybe I won't show up, reducing the number by one...LOL.

We have been shopping several times in the past week or so for various stuff, and it has been fun striking up conversations with random strangers who are planning their weddings as well. All the guys have exactly the same dumbfounded look on their faces as I do, and when asked their opinion on things, they all give the same response as me: "That's fine, baby...Whatever you like (is great)."

We are busy planning things for the 30 hour famine. We did this back in the spring, shortly after I started working at the church. I think the kids are excited, I know they had a great experience last time.

Tomorrow, Michelle and I are going to chill out a bit and probably watch a movie. Probably "Almost Famous". I may listen to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer a few times tonight to prepare myself.

We have decided to go to Boston on the honeymoon. It should be a lot of fun. The Royals are in town that week, so we going to try to catch a game. We want to see a lot of the architecture, and historical sites. Cape Cod, too, to see how the other half lives. We are really excited about seeing one of the most historical cities in America. Much thanks to Boston Ellen for sending us a Boston tour guide. I promise to send it back.

I hope everyone is feeling well. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius