Friday, January 28, 2005

GRR to people who make appointments and don't keep them. Yesterday, I was supposed to take the caterer to the church so he could look at the facilities, but he was tied up with something else and could not make it. So, we are supposed to hook up today.

This morning, I have an appointment at the Y for an orientation. The are several pieces of equipment that I do not know how to use, and I want to learn more about them.

Something happened earlier this week that was so funny it caused me to say, "I have got to put this on my blog". Unfortunately, I cannot remember what it was. I am going to ask Michelle later today if she remembers. Grr to forgetfulness.

I have not done much reading this week. I need to get caught up. I started working on a jigsaw puzzle a few days ago. It seems to be progressing slowly. I have not done a puzzle since I was a kid, but I saw one I liked so I decided to do it. When I get it done, I am going to glue it together to preserve it. Cool.

APSU, in its infinite wisdom, disconnected the ethernet ports in Austin's, so they now do not work. The jukebox is also gone, so the place has about as much ambiance as a hospital ward. Jeez. I can't wait to get to Memphis.

We broke the news to the youth group that we would be moving to Memphis after the wedding. Rumors quickly spread in the church that were moving to Minnesota or Michigan. Jeez. Sort of like how Michelle told my grandparents that her brother goes to college in Macon, Georgia--and my grandfather thought she said "Jerusalem"...LOL.

We met Daphne for lunch yesterday to talk about wedding stuff. I am still not sure if her role has been defined, but she is definitely looking for a job in it. Also, Regina's role has still not been defined, and she is getting antsy. I told Michelle that having so many people volunteer to help is a good problem. We have so many that we are having to sort of create jobs for them. We have been super-blessed in the whole planning process. We are really grateful.

Yesterday we went to the grand opening of the new Sam's Club. It was really exciting; the store is huge and packed with all sorts of great stuff. We were by the floral department, and I picked up a dozen tulips for Michelle (her fav flower). She got all excited, and I told her to enjoy them because we would have to put them back before we left, lest I actually pay for them. Several people near us heard me, and started rolling...just laughing uncontrollably. It was hilarious. I have been giving her a ton of flowers lately, since tulips are in season. I am scoring more points than Larry Bird in his heyday. LOL.

Michelle sold one of my old books on eBay to a guy that lives here in Clarksville. Unfortunately, the clown would not meet me to make the exchange, so I am going to have to mail it. He lives on Greenwood, which is about 5 minutes from campus. What a joke. He is a moron. Whatever. Jeez.

I have been having a lot of computer problems lately. I cannot connect to AIM, and Outlook has not been able to connect to the Hotmail server, so I have not checked my Hotmail email address in several days. I also bought some new software yesterday, and am unable to install it on the laptop. I installed it on the desktop just fine. I think the problem lies in the fact that I once had some software from the same company on the laptop that has been removed. I remember getting a message when I removed it saying that all of it could not be removed. I think the parts left behind may be interfering with the new stuff. The CD to the old software is at the church, so Sunday afternoon I am going to reinstall the old stuff, and see if the new stuff will work then. Jeez.

I also have been having a lot of trouble with my wireless connection at home. Normally, I have it set up where Windows manages it, but I have been having a lot of trouble connecting, and maintaining a connection. So, I let my wireless card (a real POS) manage it, and still its not better. Jeez, I am really pissed off at lot of things in regards to technology. Maybe Fidelio heard that I was trying to sell him, and he is rebelling like a teenager. Jeez.

We were talking about eh honeymoon, and the different things we want to do in Boston. We have decided on a whale tour, the aquarium, and a day trip to Walden. We found that people are allowed to swim in Walden Pond, so I am going to bring my trunks. LOL. Also, a trip to Lexington/Concord, maybe a baseball game, and probably some other stuff, too. We have been invited to dinner by a distant relative of mine who lives there...Cool. We are really excited about seeing the city. Hopefully, the snow will have melted but then.

I have had no luck finding a coffee shop I like, so I am waiting patiently for Grinder's to re-open. Grr to not having good coffee/conversation/ambiance.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius