Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Michelle and I were saddened by some news last week. Our favorite hangout, Grinders, has been sold to new owners and will be closed a few weeks while the new owners move it across the highway. The original owners, Pete and Katie Alex, decided to sell it after Katie's sister died and left two small special-needs children. Pete and Katie have decided to adopt the kids.

Michelle and I helped them pack up the shop on Saturday, and it was sad. So, right now, we are left in search of a new temporary hangout. I went to 3 girls cafe yesterday, and that ain't it. I think I am going to go to Franklin Bean today.

We have been working really hard on the wedding. Well, it would be more accurate to say Michelle has been working really hard on the wedding. Whenever she asks my opinion on something, my standard response is, "Whatever you like is fine with me." LOL. I am going to work on the guest list today, attaching addresses and stuff to the names in our database. My mom ripped into me the other day, because I had left off some important people. I forgot to tell her that the guest list is determined by a complicated mathematical formula that factors in things such as (1) How nice of a gift someone is likely to bring, (2) How much someone is likely to eat, and, (3) How many kids someone is likely to bring. There are some other mitigating factors as well. So, if someone gets left off the list, he or she should not take it personally, it's just business. LOL.

We are looking forward to Valentine's Day, which will be the 1-year anniversary of our first date. We are going to a minister's party on Feb. 4, and then to the party at Clarksville Church on Feb. 12. Tulips, Michelle's favorite flower, are in season right now, and I have bought them for her twice in less than a week. She is beginning to wonder if I have some ulterior motive, such as wanting to buy a motorcycle or something. As of now, there is no ulterior motive, although I may think of one later. I just like seeing the look on her face when I show up with flowers.

Yesterday after luch we went to Opry Mills. We picked up a bunch of stuff at Barnes and Noble. $60 worth. Ouch and Joy at the same time.

We had a fight Sunday afternoon in Wal-Mart, and laughed about it afterwards. So much so that we have been TRYING to start another fight ever since. Every attempt just boggs down into a laughing session, so we are having fun with it.

I am going to change the oil in her truck today, and replace the rear turn signals on mine. We have decided to start driving my truck more, because we have been putting a ton of miles on hers, and not many on mine. When baseball season starts, I will be driving mine a lot more anyway.

I have been really busy getting ready for baseball. I have gotten most of my college schedule, and I am really excited about it. My high school schedule should be really good as well, in addition to my middle school schedule. I also may work a few games in Hendersonville. Since I am not it school this semester, I want to work somewhere every day I can.

The youth are busy collecting donations for World Vision's 30 Hour Famine. We are having a chili luncheon and silent auction after church on Feb. 20, then we will be doing the Famine the following Friday and Saturday. Michelle and I are having a contest involving penny jars. We each have a jar, with pennies counting as positive points, and silver coins being negative. If I lose (not gonna happen), I have agreed to shave my legs. If Michelle loses, the youth group is going to concoct some kind of nasty mix of foods that she will have to eat. Fear Factor, Presbyterian style. So, if anyone would like to contribute to my efforts, please let me know. Michelle has the entire group on her side, and I am all by myself. I am not going to let myself lose, though. LOL.

I hope everyone is doing well, and has a great day. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius