Monday, January 31, 2005

I learned today that my good friend Jeff Stovall resigned his position as Pastor at Woodbine Church, effective at the end of February. He never really felt like he belonged there, so hopefully he and another church can find each other and work in unison to further God's Word. For those that do not know, my denomination calls ministers, whereas some denominations assign ministers to congregations.

I got my cell phone fixed today, so now the display works again. That's cool.

I did some reading earlier, and bought a new book at Wal-Mart. Another book on Gibson's Passion film--This makes two. I have not read the first yet. LOL. There is a bookcase at the church that I need to move into my office, because my current bookcase is overflowing. I have got books strewn everywhere. One book, the PTL Guidebook, is displayed prominently for the sole purpose of scaring people. If you do not remember what the PTL was, think "Tammy Faye and tons of makeup". The book was given to me, along with a ton of other books, last year.

Tomorrow I am going to spend some time writing. Don't know exactly what about yet, but it will come to me.

I hope everyone has a wonderful evening. Peace...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, you hadn't read the first book on the Passion, but you were deeply convinced that you needed the second?
;-)

Chris Winn said...

I watched "Godfather II" before I saw "Godfather I", so I didn't see the need to read the first Passion book before I bought the second. Chronology is not my strong suit--leave that to the history majors.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius