Thursday, December 02, 2004

I spoke with Mike Clark tonight, and he gave me some really great news. Several of Clarksville's middle schools are going to have baseball teams this spring, and they want our association to schedule the umpires. That is awesome. When Mike and formed our association several years ago, we did so on a philosophy that while each umpire has a certain level of ability, EVERY umpire can do three things: 1) Show up on time; 2) Have a clean and proper uniform; and, 3) know the rules. Some of the other area associations do not stress those things enough. Our hard work continues to pay off, with us gaining new teams all the time.

With my college, high school, middle school, and Hendersonville schedules, I should have a full slate of games this spring. Cool!!

I found out today that my sinus infection has morphed into a touch of bronchitis. Jeez. I started taking Sudafed, so it should clear up pretty soon.

Michelle and I are going to Murfreesboro tomorrow to take care of some things, which may include me buying a new guitar. Well, new to me anyway. I believe that a guitar cannot play the blues unless it has been in a pawn shop, so that is where I plan on buying it. Peace...

No comments:

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." --Confucius